The APTC offers a wide range of vocational courses to help you earn valuable international qualifications and develop your career in employment categories with high demand for your skills.
These courses may be conducted at APTC campuses in Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Samoa and Solomon Islands. Course offerings and delivery locations are indicative only and may vary depending on student and industry demand.
APTC courses are for people who:
• Have significant prior industry experience in the area in which they wish to train; or
• Have a local qualification and more limited relevant industry experience in the area in which they wish to train.
Eligibility and selection varies for different programs. Applicants are required to undertake assessments for:
• Language, literacy and numeracy; and
• Skills / knowledge related to their relevant industry experience.
These assessments are designed to ensure candidates have the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully complete the course of study.
2016 Semester 1 Course Offerings
Please click on the course title to download the course brochure.
- HLT33115 Certificate III Health Services Assistance - Samoa
- CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry - Fiji and PNG
- SIT30813 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery- Fiji, PNG and Samoa
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability - Fiji
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability - Samoa
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care - Fiji, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu
- UEE30811 Certificate III in ElectroTechnology Electrician - PNG
- MEM30305 Certificate III in Engineering – Heavy Fabrication - PNG and Samoa
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical (with focus on Diesel Fitting) - Fiji and PNG
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical (Machining) - Fiji and PNG
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade (with focus on Refrigeration & Air-conditioning) - Samoa
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support – Fiji
- SIT30713 Certificate III in Hospitality - Fiji, PNG and Samoa
- AUR30612 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology - Fiji and PNG
- CPC30611 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating - Fiji
- CPC32413 Certificate III in Plumbing - Samoa
- SIT30112 Certificate III in Tourism - Vanuatu
- CPC31311 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling - Fiji
- CHC40413 Certificate IV in Youth - Samoa and Vanuatu
Training and Assessment
APTC Centre for Professional Development offers the following qualifications:
- TAE40110 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment