If you do not meet the criteria as a Local Student you may apply to enrol in a course as an international student.
Places for international students in APTC courses are very limited, and you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be residing in the country where the training takes place at the time you apply and during the entire training period; and
- Must meet the same entry requirements as local applicants i.e. successful completion of Literacy, Language and Numeracy and Skills / Knowledge Assessments; a minimum number of years’ work experience as specified on course brochures; and
- Must have an appropriate permit/visa that allows you to study and do work experience in the country where the training takes place. You must provide evidence of this to APTC before classes commence.
If classes are at maximum capacity, we cannot offer a place to an international student. This is to ensure that eligible local students are not disadvantaged. Similarly, if there is a waitlist of local students, they will be placed in a course before an international student.
Application Process for International Students
The application process is similar to that of local students, however we may only be able to confirm a place for you at short notice.
The application process is as follows:
- Complete the application form [please ensure it is clear on the application form that you are applying as an international student and you are able to pay the international student fees].
- Complete the Vocational Skills Assessment and the Literacy, Language and Numeracy test.
- We (APTC) will process your application (as with local students).
- We will let you know if you are eligible and, if so, your application will be held on file for up to 2 years, awaiting a vacancy.
- When you accept our offer of a place in a course, you must show a relevant visa to be able to study as well as undertake work placement in the host country. Then, we will issue you with an invoice for fees. If you do not present a relevant visa, we will withdraw the offer.
- You will be notified at short notice of course commencement.
- You must pay the course fees within 7 days (and prior to your course commencing).
- Student fees include training consumables and resources.
- No financial assistance, stipend or accommodation will be provided.
International Student Agents
We do not contract international student agents at this time.