There is NO COST to apply for a course at APTC, or for the Application Form. You will need to complete a separate Application for Admission for each course for which you wish to apply. Remember, you will need a valid email address to apply online.
Am I eligible to apply for an APTC Course?
To meet the eligibility for entry to an APTC course, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older to apply, AND
- meet the course entry requirements as listed under Entry Requirements in the course information, AND
- after submitting your application, successfully complete a:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment to check you have the required level of English and Maths to cope with the study demands of the course, AND
- Vocational Knowledge Assessment (VKA). A VKA is either a written test or an interview to determine if you have the base knowledge and skills required to cope with the level of the course.
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages eligible candidates from diverse
backgrounds, including women, LGBTQI persons, individuals from rural remote communities, and persons living with a disability, to apply.
In addition, APTC is committed to protecting the safety and wellbeing of children and adults as part of its vision, mission and goals. If you will be living and studying in a country other than your home country, OR if you are applying for any course
that requires a Police Check, you must not have any convictions for any serious offence, especially violence against children or adults.
The following courses currently require a Police Check:
- CHC30213 - Certificate III in Education Support
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)
- CHC51015 - Diploma of Counselling
How can I apply?
You can apply in one of three ways:
- Online. You will need a valid email address to be able to register and create an account first. Then you will need continuous access to the internet to apply online, but can stop and save at any time.
- By mail or email (complete the PDF application form on your computer and email, OR print a hard copy of the PDF form and mail or deliver to your nearest APTC Country Office.
Can I work while I study?
Studying an APTC course requires absence from the workplace for extended periods of time. Refer to the Course Information brochure
for information on the length of each course. If you are currently employed, this means you will need to seek the support of your employer to take time off to attend classes and complete course work.
What if my contact or other details change?
Applications remain valid for 12 months from the time you apply. It is important that APTC can contact you at any time. If you wish to update your contact or other details during the 12 months, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contacting an APTC Office
. After 12 months APTC will contact you to ask you to update your application.
There are three options for funding your course.
- Employer funded – where your employer pays your fees for you.
- Self-funded – where you, or a donor (other than your employer), pays your fees.
- APTC bursary (which is a financial grant awarded to students to enable them to study). Note that bursaries are limited. There is no guarantee you will be granted a bursary, and chances of being offered a place are higher for employer or self-funded applicants.
More information about APTC Course Fees can be found here
If you are not a citizen of, or not currently residing in one of the eligible Pacific Island countries
, you may apply as an International Student
. International Students are not eligible for any financial assistance, stipend or accommodation, and will pay international student course fees
Checklist – Required Documents
Additional supporting evidence will be required. If applying online or by email and you don't have a scanner, take a clear picture of the required documents and send to us. We recommend you have your electronic copies ready before you start your application. This will make the process easier and quicker. Electronic copies must be no more than 5MB in size, and only those with the following file type extensions can be uploaded: .pdf, .png, .jpg, .doc or .docx.
The additional documents are:
- Photo of yourself. Photo must be clear, in full colour of your face and shoulders, and not include any other people. Ideally this photo should be like the photos used for passports.
- Proof of Identity. You can prove your identity with your Passport (a copy of the Photo ID page) or Birth Certificate. Alternatively you may provide a Certificate of Identity, Voter’s Card or Driver’s Licence with a photo, and then show your Passport or Birth Certificate to APTC staff at Orientation to confirm your identity.
- Proof of name change. You only need this if your name is different to that on your Proof of Identity document. Proof of name change could be a Marriage Certificate, Court Order, Divorce Decree, etc.
- Work Experience evidence (relevant to the course you are applying for). The documents could be letters from past or current employers, payslips, statement listing your duties, etc.
- Education Qualifications and/or Training (relevant to the course you are applying for). This could include Certificates and Results.